Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the following.
Article Processing Charge is based on this table.
2,000,000 IR Rials
This amount will be paid by the author/s after completing the acceptance.
Editing, Layout and Publishing Fees
2,000,000 IR Rials
This amount will be paid by the author/s before starting the editing.
* Note: In case of acceptance of the article, the acceptance certificate is subject to the payment of the fee related to the arbitration stage (row 1).
** Note: If the above amounts not paid in any of the steps, the accepted article will be removed from the publication process in the journal.
*** Note: These amounts have been prepared and adjusted according to the regulations of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology entitled "Determining the cost of processing articles in open access scientific journals" approved on 2021 April 21.
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these editorial policies and formatting guidelines.
Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology publishes the following article types:
General formatting rules for all article types - Prepare your manuscript
- Authors Commitment Form (Copyright and license agreement) - Download
- Conflict of Interest Form – Download
- Author Contributions Form – Download
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
The Press Release Unit of the Law Institute invites Iranian writers and legal experts to submit their articles to the Institute. This unit seeks to appreciate the hard work of the professors and researchers in producing outstanding articles by respecting the quality of copying of the works.
After submitting the article and the Commitment Form within 10 business days, if the article complies with the terms of the journal, we will review and approve your article and will send you a tracking number, from which you can submit the latest issue status. Be informed yourself.
If you have not received payment confirmation within 10 days of submitting the article or have problems completing the bid forms, contact the Journal Unit (Internal 5) via the Institute's telephone number (88811581). Your work has not been processed until the tracking number is issued. Authors whose articles have been approved and have received tracking numbers, as well as authors whose work has been approved by the Institute, can be informed of the latest status of their paper by entering their personal profile.
Sincerely, it informs you that the terms of acceptance and guidance of the article are set forth in the journals of Criminal Law Research and specialized journals of the Law Institute.
Acceptance of Articles
- Articles should be authored, documented and analytical.
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published, published, or printed, or submitted for another publication.
- The articles must necessarily be copied and edited in a future manner in accordance with the manner in which the journals of this Institute are specialized.
- Because respect for the rights of the authors of scholarly works is one of the strategic principles of the journal, violators of these rights will be notified to the relevant persons and authorities by the authors of the articles.
- Articles must be sent along with the author's name, exact address, contact number and email through the Institute's Journal Management System.
- The journal is free to summarize, modify, and edit articles.
- If necessary, the author (s) is obliged to update the information contained in the article when it is published.
- The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology Research is paid by respected authors for reviewing and publishing scientific articles. Authors must pay 500,000 Rials for initial evaluation when submitting an initial copy of the article and upload the deposit slip along with the article and other relevant documentation to the site. Upon initial submission, if accepted at any stage, the authors will be asked by email to pay for the next step. The payment steps are as follows:
Respected authors are requested to upload the costs of each step to the bank's account number 1378800089809 or card number 9122- 0185- 8610- 6219, named after its Mayor's Office of Legal Studies and Research.
Authors are requested to:
- The article should be typed in MS-Word 2003 software in Farsi and in Persian language and the file should be sent only through the system.
- The text should not exceed 7500 words.
- In order to prevent possible errors in the editing process, use the style of writing of the Law Institute of its Mayors.
- Submitted article has the following sections:
A) Persian title and abstract (up to 250 words);
B) English title and abstract (up to 250 words);
C) Persian and English keywords (maximum 5 words);
D) Introduction, Body, Conclusion;
E) Introducing the author (s) in Farsi and English, along with the author's email and notification; and
F) list of references based on the style sheet cited by the Institute for Legal Studies and Research of its Mayors.
- The main and sub-headings in the body of the article should be as follows:
- Original article titles; except introduction and result; single digit numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.(;
- Subdivisions with two-digit hybrid numbers (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc.);
- Minor titles with three-digit hybrid numbers (1-1-1, 1-1-2, 1-1-3, etc).
1- Received articles by experts in the subject area of the article evaluated, the author of the article may or may not publish it.
2- The journal shall be permitted to submit articles published in the journal electronically.
3- The magazine is published every six months.
4- The journal is not responsible for the accuracy of the material contained in the article, and the views and opinions of the authors of the articles are not necessarily the views of the journal.
5- The author (s) of each article will be given a total of one copy of the same issue.
|Back to top|
The information below details the section headings that you should include in your manuscript and what information should be within each section.
The title page should:
The Abstract should not exceed 350 words. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract. The abstract must include the following separate sections:
Three to ten keywords representing the main content of the article.
All manuscripts must contain the following sections after Abstract:
Please see below for details on the information to be included in these sections.
All financial and non-financial competing interests must be declared in this section.
See our editorial policies for a full explanation of competing interests. If you are unsure whether you or any of your co-authors have a competing interest, please contact the editorial office.
Please use the authors initials to refer to each authors' competing interests in this section.
If you do not have any competing interests, please state "The authors declare that they have no competing interests" in this section.
All sources of funding for the research reported should be declared. The role of the funding body in the design of the study and collection, analysis, and interpretation of data and in writing the manuscript should be declared.
The individual contributions of authors to the manuscript should be specified in this section. Guidance and criteria for authorship based on CRediT (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) and can be found in our Authors' contributions Form .
Sample CRediT author statement:
Alizadeh, Mohammad: Conceptualization, Methodology, Software. Hoseini, Zahra.: Data curation, Writing- Original draft preparation. Sadri, Mohsen: Visualization, Investigation. Aliopur, Javad: Supervision.: Mohammadi, Sara: Software, Validation.: Qaemi, Reza: Writing- Reviewing and Editing.
Please acknowledge anyone who contributed towards the article who does not meet the criteria for authorship including anyone who provided professional writing services or materials.
Authors should obtain permission to acknowledge from all those mentioned in the Acknowledgements section.
The Background section should explain the background to the study, its aims, a summary of the existing literature and why this study was necessary.
The methods section should include: the aim, design and setting of the study
This should include the findings of the study including, if appropriate, results of statistical analysis which must be included either in the text or as tables and figures.
For research articles this section should discuss the implications of the findings in context of existing research and highlight limitations of the study. For study protocols and methodology manuscripts this section should include a discussion of any practical or operational issues involved in performing the study and any issues not covered in other sections.
This should state clearly the main conclusions and provide an explanation of the importance and relevance of the study to the field.
references must be adhered to the instructions on Chicago Style Referencing (16th edition).
For further guidance, see the Manual of Chicago Style Referencing in Persian in this link.
|Back to top|
Articles are widely promoted through email updates, table of contents, email alerts, social media such as Academia, LinkedIn, etc., and also press releases to the general and scientific press. all resulting in increasing levels of accesses for each article.
In addition, all articles published is automatically indexed in major Bibliographic Databases .
We would encourage you to promote your article via your own email lists, social media, and any other innovative techniques you wish to adopt.